Wow! An emotional day all round. It was Marsden Day. We ran to the car park in  pouring Rain. It didnt matter much to me I was soaked anyway having walked louis up the lane. It was 10 to 6 we decided to leave early  because of the bad weather. The journey was a stop start one  on the M25.

Oh dear when Mavis booked in they said Your not due  until tomorrow. But  go and wait in waiting room  and we will sort it. Which they did. But it was a disappointment for them because  they had planned a party for Mavis  on Wednesday. They had ordered a cake and buns.  We didnt know and it was not our  error.

We did the usual bloods and a final with the doctor. Then we set off to the restaurant for a cuppa. Gently sipping my Tea when I had red flashes in my eye that made me jump then instantly  the bleeper  went off and I almost spilt my tea all down me. So we had to dash back up stairs to see whats up. It was only one of the bloods had gelled and a fresh one was needed. WE  chatted to Amanda in reception. After the Doctors chat he re assured us that  all was well with our last scan and that now  for us the Trial had finally  come to an end, not to worry because we will be scanned regularly and any  new growth and we can have a further years drug again. he wished us well. WE  went down  for some lunch  during  maves and my chatting I  lost it. WE had been talking to a mesowarrior  who wasnt doing so well. I simply said  to mave we are just plain bloody lucky that you’ve got this far. Wow! I could feel my eyes smarting I tried  looking down to avoid her eyes and she asked me are you alright. Yes  cos I am I spluttered. I was so emotional. WE  made our way back to the waiting room again  that was around 1pm. The drug didnt  arrive until 3.15.  Eventually we were all done and then it was hugs and kisses all round nurses and us all saying  we will miss each other. We said carry on and have the party tomorrow and we will be with you all in spirit. It was time to leave with mixed  feelings .Glad we didnt have the early riser and M25 journey every  fortnight. But  sad because we wont be seeing  the galls so often. But they have done there job we have cut the cord and are now free to roam. We will  pop in on scan appointments promise.

The journey home was ok and we had to  pick up a bit of shopping before greeting Louis again. He was pleased to see us. A quick walk with louis was in order. Now  for a  while we can try and live a normal life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s