London Hazard Center Mesothelioma Action Day


wonderwoman lhc


Mavis Nye,Who has been fighting  mesothelioma for  7 years has an oportunity to talk to at the Mesothelioma Action Day on Friday 1 July  in London.

Mavis will talk about that wonderful day we had in Nov 2015 when the Scan Results really shocked everyone
From her Blog of that day :-
We got to the Royal Marsden very smoothly not much of a hole up.I was having bloods done early and waiting for the Doctor in no time.
It was scan result day and so we sat waiting. Well I didn’t need to get a print off this time. There is no active Mesothelioma in my Lungs.
The tumours are there but there is no active Mesothelioma in them.
We couldn’t take that in, there was a silence and we just looked at one another.
The Doctor said had we any questions and I didn’t but I have now. I know I can keep emailing and asking
I Still stay on the trial that goes on until May 2016 but we have to be careful that the Drug doesn’t cause  any Inflammation on my lungs. I do get out of breath but he said it will be like when I first lost my breath, really difficult.
Any of the organs could have inflammation so I will keep my eyes out for any trouble.
Also the Immune system will work in a way that it recognises the mesothelioma as an enemy and  attacks it building up a little army that remembers when it see the Mesothelioma again and attacks. So the effects last a long time and stops any tumours from progressing again.
Being honest and saying that the treatment has worked for you and currently there is no active meso but there is still a long way to go  to getting a cure for this terrible disease but this is a step in the right direction I do remind people that treatment unfortunately doesn’t work for everyone. We mustn’t give false hope. But We can give hope xx
So I’m still very lonely in the UK and the only Meoswarrior but hopefully they will get the Phase 3 going in the New year.
We walked away to the waiting room to try and get our minds around it all and then went to the Restaurant but I wasn’t really Hungary.
Back in the waiting room and we didn’t have to wait long  and soon called because the drug was ready. There was lots of laughter and cuddles as each person heard the news.
That was it the drug in me again we set off for home where I told a few friends and than my Son and DIL who are as shocked as we are. We have been through so much in 7 years come February.
I felt very weird in the car and fell asleep. On waking I did feel so much better.
My son says we will crack open a Bottle when we visit tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s