I made an early start ,before it got too hot to work in. I started by clearing the gravelled area ready to dig my post hole. The post I put in yesterday seemed to have set. It feels firm. Soon I had the hole dug. The post was placed and after lots of level checks and supports added it was time for cementing. With that done I now had to modify the gate it was quite wide and heavy. So I shortened its width by cutting some off the end. I stopped for a tea next on checking that it was beginnig to set I fitted the gate to yesterdays post It swings nicely . I broke off and we had a bit of lunch and took louis out for his run. When we got back the post felt nice and firm. But with Care I added the catches and closing spring. With fingers crossed I opened it wide ,let it swing shut. Clunk it closed and secured perfect.
Clearing up putting tools away. A pat on the back a job well done. mavis came out to test it. OK! seal of a proval.